About Waite Park
The Waite Park Chamber is a place where business, education and government come together for the betterment of the Waite Park community.
The City of Waite Park is conveniently located on the western edge of St. Cloud, approximately 70 miles northwest of the Twin Cities. Incorporated as a village in 1893, the actual development of Waite Park began in the mid-1800s as travelers crossed the Sauk River and dubbed the area “Waite’s Crossing.”
Through decades of residential and commercial growth, Waite Park has retained its connectivity and hometown culture while serving as a valuable hub of industry. Today more than 7400 people live in this thriving community.
Parks & Trails
Waite Park is home to eight active city parks, offering a wide range of amenities including: baseball and softball fields, open space and trails, splash pad, pickleball courts, playground equipment, and a nine-hole disc golf course.
- Bartz Park – baseball and softball fields at 13th Avenue South and Division Street
- Lions Park – Angus Acres area
- Jagiello Park – 3rd Street and 1st Avenue North
- River’s Edge Park – with two outdoor skating rinks during the winter months and a splash pad for hot summer days
- Community Park – has a pavilion (with kitchen facilities, bathrooms and indoor seating for up to 80 people) which residents can rent year-round
- Quarry Park – a 643-acre regional, county-owned park with nature trails and swimming quarries
The Healthy Living Trail is a community fitness opportunity located along Third Street North. Free and open for public use, it provides a paved trail for residents with ten independent exercise stations.
Crossroads Center opens its doors before business hours to provide a year-round, climate-controlled environment for indoor walking.
Woven into the culture of the community is a passion for America’s favorite pastime, baseball. The Waite Park Babe Ruth Association seeks to provide a safe, fun, developmental experience for youth and families of Central Minnesota through participation in baseball and softball activities.
Did you know? Waite Park was named one of the best places to start a business in Minnesota (NerdWallet 2015).
Population: 6,680 based on 2012 U.S. Census Bureau estimate
Estimated Median Household Income: $38,775
Access: Minnesota State Highways 23 and 15; US Interstate 94; Stearns County Road 75
Schools: Waite Park is part of the St. Cloud Area School District
Governance: Waite Park is located in Stearns County