Every community within the St. Cloud area has invested in a vision for the future, which includes comprehensive plans for future development of the area.
COMMUNITY VISIONS INCLUDE:
- The 2011 adoption of the St. Cloud Urban Area Mississippi River Corridor Plan: A vision and implementation strategy to maintain the Mississippi River as a regional asset. That year, Minnesota Waters presented St. Cloud with the “River-Friendly Community of the Year” award. In 2012, Mississippi Partners was established as a nonprofit to champion implementation of the urban river plan.
- Joint Planning District Board: Through such aspects as preserving its natural resources, boosting its already-stable economy, and enhancing the standard of living through well-maintained neighborhoods, excellent education and superior medical care, the greater St. Cloud area will continue on its path of well thought-out, planned development.
Business advocacy is critical to regional business success. The St. Cloud Area Chamber’s leadership as a business advocate is proven over and over again as elected officials make the Chamber a preferred stop when seeking access to the business community or addressing regional business issues.
The Chamber’s advocacy efforts include:
- Regular meetings with St. Cloud, Waite Park, St. Joseph, Sartell and Sauk Rapids mayors and city council members.
- An annual trip to Washington, D.C., to visit with Minnesota’s Congressional delegation.
- Hosting “Evening at the Capital” to showcase Central Minnesota to statewide legislative leaders.
- Visiting with over 50 Central Minnesota CEOs and business owners as part of our Grow Minnesota! economic development program.
- Hosting the St. Cloud Mayor’s annual State of the City Address with the St. Cloud Rotary Club.