The Saint Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce is a member of the Minnesota Chamber’s Small Business Federation. Keep reading to find out what that means for you.
Launched in 2020, the Minnesota Chamber’s Small Business Federation Membership allows Federation Partners the opportunity to offer a complimentary membership in the Minnesota Chamber to their private sector members with 10 employees or fewer. Not only does this partnership allow the Federation to expand its grassroots outreach, it provides a direct and tangible benefit to the state’s smallest businesses. Small business federation members have access to information and resources reserved for Minnesota Chamber members, the option to attend events with statewide business leaders and the opportunity to access cost savings products and services.
All private sector members of Minnesota Chamber Federation (local chamber) partners with 10 employees or fewer.
To engage more private sector employers in strengthening our grassroots network, while at the same time providing products and services that directly benefit those companies. Additionally, while these members are not membership prospects for the Minnesota Chamber, these additional benefits will provide greater sales and retention opportunities for local chamber partners.
Access to Products and Services
- Employee benefits coverage with cost effective, competitive rates and special features offered to small businesses, typically available only to large companies through a special partnership with The Standard. Unique, three-year rate guarantee available on new business. Insurance coverage is available direct through MCBS or general agents and brokers.
- Fully-insured Association Health Plan (AHP) with Medica
- Level-funded offering through UnitedHealthcare (UHC)
- Group life
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Supplemental and voluntary life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (ADD)
- Dental – automatic 10% savings
- Pooled Employer Plans (PEPs) are retirement plans that bring down cost by allowing multiple employers to participate. The Minnesota Chamber and Securian Financial formed a strategic alliance to offer high-quality, affordable solutions to help you compete.
- Property/casualty business insurance protects companies from losses that occur during the course of normal business, property damage, legal liability and employee-related risks. Coverage and competitive rates and features are available through Travelers, Western National Insurance Company and Accident Fund Group.
- Subscribing to the labor law poster program provides up-to-date posters, keeping businesses in compliance with state and federal laws, without you having to lift a finger. Discounted rates apply.
- Members receive exclusive pricing on the most popular salary survey and benchmarking reports and HR-sourced, validated surveys through a special partnership with salary.com.
- Sustainability consulting is available to businesses seeking resources to reduce their waste, energy usage and costs.
Help shape and advocate the business community priorities, with access to the Chamber’s policy team.
Members receive key updates and action alerts on priority issues.
Key insights and communication, including:
- At the Capitol – e-newsletter during the legislative session keeping members current business priorities at the Legislature.
- Legislative alerts – e-alerts when grassroots support is essential to ensure progress is made on business priorities.
- Our Events – weekly electronic announcement of upcoming Minnesota Chamber events.
- Small Business Connect – a collection of information on the latest products, services, and best practices to grow businesses and engage in critical change-maker discussions to drive Minnesota’s small business economy.
- Everything HR – a bi-monthly e-news filled with resources and best practices of the latest human resource issues facing companies along with content from expert industry leaders
Events and networking
- Member pricing for Minnesota Chamber events.
- Free participation in our bi-annual Statewide Policy Tour providing the opportunity to provide feedback on the critical issues facing your company.
- Exclusive legislative briefing in local community
- Opportunity to participate in Small Business Connect.
Grow Minnesota! resources
- One-on-one assistance to solve problems related to doing business in Minnesota.
- Identify potential Minnesota customers and/or suppliers.
- Opportunity to share business issues with peers in a confidential environment.
- Inform Minnesota’s economic influencers on key trends in the state’s overall economy and influence strategies to grow and expand specific sectors and regions of the state.
- Participation in MN Supplier Match which creates value for Minnesota businesses who want the advantage of sourcing from local suppliers.
Economic data and reports
- Access to the latest economic data and insights reports to better understand opportunities in Minnesota’s economy.
- Business Benchmarks Report
- Blueprint for Economic Recovery
- Minnesota: 2030 – A framework for growth
- Minnesota Entrepreneurship: A turning point
- The economic contributions of immigrants in Minnesota
For More Information: Contact Jennifer Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org